Saddlebags are usually confused with normal fat buildup in fat women. So, we need to tell you what they are so you can identify them.
They actually build up on the sides of the upper thighs, thus adding to the overall broadness of the pelvic region. So, if you ignore them they can grow and tighten like any other muscles in the body. Then, they are very difficult to get rid of. Nevertheless, you can work out often, especially with exercises for the glutes, lower abdomen and pelvic region and then you can get rid of them.
What you need to remember is that they will not disappear overnight and you will not have the perfect body in 15 days. Still, you need to put some effort into it and eventually, it will pay off.
Exercises to Get Rid of Saddlebags
1. Step Ups
This is the perfect technique to lower the body and bring it back in shape. Thighs, butt, and knees are also benefited with a direct attack on saddlebags through this exercise routine.
- Look for a heavy stool or block of this type of height, so when you keep a foot on it, the calf and thigh is perpendicular.
- Start with the back straight with both feet on the floor.
- Take a step up with the right foot and join the other one and stand tall on the block.
- After, put the right foot down first, the left will follow. Make sure to bring it back to the initial position. Do these series at least 30 times. You can add some variations when the routine is done for 2 weeks at least. Make sure to wear shoes so that you can prevent the injury on the toes while you are doing the exercise.
2. Hip Dip on Side Plank
This one is difficult for beginners, however, side planks combined with hip dips are a good combination to see some positiive results.
- Start with lying on the side and take some support of the elbow. Keep your hips on the floor. Make sure to raise your upper body 30 degrees off the floor.
- Slowly support yourself with the elbow and feet and lift the hips off the floor.
- Make sure your whole body is at 30 degrees.
- Hold for 5 seconds before you bring the hips down and repeat. Do this routine on the ohter side as well. Do this regime 4-6 weeks regularly and you will experinece a lot of change.
- Do the routine on the ohter side too. Do this for 4-6 weeks regulalrly and the change will be evident. This will strengthen the limbs and tone the thighs mucles.
3. Sumo Squats
This one focuses on the butt and thighs directly. It will also strengthen the knee and ankle joints at the samet ime. Sumo squats is not very advisable if you have major back issues.
- Stand straight with legs shoulder-length apart, toes slight outward and back straight.
- Bend till knees and ankles are in a straight line.
- Try making a 90 degree on the in-sides of the knees with your thighs and calf.
- Hold the position for 5- seconds before standing back. This completes a single round.
- Minimum 20 rounds need to be performed to make a routine. And three routines should be done with a -3 minute gap.
These ones are perfect if you want to do lower body exercise. It is the best package for shaping legs and the butt. Problems like chronic leg pain and knee joint will disappear with this exercise.
4. Donkey Kick
This one is perfect for sagginess. Also, this should be performed on a yoga matt and it will avoid excessive strain on the knees.
- Start on all fours and keep your back straight.
- Start with the left leg and keep it bent while you are extending it backward.
- You need to have your foot parallel to the ceiling.
- Hold this position, count to ten, and then get back to initial position.
- Do this with the right leg 15 times and then do the same with the other leg.
You need to keep proper posture so that you can see some results here. Do not overstretch. Increase the stretching capacity to make sure to avoid muscle tear.
5. Side Kicks
Side-kicks are perfect to prevent the body from becoming wide, especially the hips and glutes.
- Get down on all fours ensuring the hands and shoulders and knees and hips are in straight line.
- With the thigh straight, lift your right knee out on the side and kick on the side.
- The target is to get the leg parallel to the floor. Hold in position and count 2.
- Bring it back in position by first folding the leg at the knee and pull it inside.
- Repeat the process at least 15 times with right leg before switching to the left one. This completes one routine.
You need to do at least 3 routines with an intervall of 3 minutes. Challenges can also be added to the routine if you add weights on the legs or use tension elastics on the ankles.
6. Jump Squats
Jump squats will do one more thing for you, it will help you burn calories and tone your lower body.
- Start with a squat position with the upper body bent a little at the front and hands straight at the side, angled towards the back.
- Now with full force, jump with the aim of touching the ceiling with the hands high up.
- Land back – maintaining the squat position.
- Do at least 30 such jumps to start with. Increase the number and pace after 2-3 weeks.
If you have a weak back you need to take care when you are doing the initial and final position. Your heart rate increases with jumping, so this is a good cardio workout too.
7. Booty Kick
These exercises can be done anywhere at anytime. It will shape your butt and reduce the lower abdoomen.
- Put your hands on your hips and keep the feet shoulder length apart.
- Then, balance with the strength on the left leg and kick the right one backward without bending the knees.
- You need to stretch the leg backward as much as you can, without bending it too much at the front.
- Once, you do so, bring the leg back to the initial position, but, without touching the ground and hit backward again.
- Do this at least 10-15 times before you swtich legs. This will complete one set. Do 4 sets in order to do a 2 minute intervall. With time, you can increase.
7. Superman Posture
This posture is a great exercise for toning the lower body and strengthening the shoulder. The added benefit of this is that the abdoomen toning happens naturally.
- On a yoga mat lie flat on your belly with hands raised straight over your head.
- Make sure that knees are not bent and the toes are pointed.
- Now at the count of three, take a deep breath in and lift your hands and legs simultaneously, maintaining the straightness.
- Hold this pose and count to ten. Now breathe out and return to a normal lying position.
Start with counting to give at the beginning and then increase. You can also increase the level of difficulty with more challenging positions later.
8. Clam Series
The moves of these clam series are done so that they can tone up the upper outer thighs, which is a hub of saddlebags.
- Lie on your side and bring the knees and hips to 45 degrees angle.
- Keep the top pelvis away from your head to bring the bottom pelvis off the floor. This position needs to be maintained for the entire exercise.
- For the lift, lift your top knee up keeping the heels together and then bring it down without moving the pelvis in the process.
- Continue the moves till you feel the effect on the lower glutes.
- Repeat on the other side.
Of course, you can do other variations of clams over time. The best part is that these can be done anytime, anywhere and even while watching television as well.
The lower body is a very sensitive part. If you want to avoid getting hurt, you need to start with some basics and ten move to more challening exercises. If you want to keep your body healhtier, you also need to mind what you eat. So, working out without keeping a proper diet will never work. Thus, make sure to combine both for perfect results.